So in order to follow up that miserable pity party I have decided to make my own twist on my recent 'tag' of "ten things you may or may not know about me".
1. I am amazingly blessed to have married the love of my life. He is loving, caring, forgiving and most importantly in recent months... tolerant. I'll be the first to admit that I have had basket-case tendencies in the past few months. He has managed to put up with discussions about my job, our future, where we'll live, and, in general 'our paths'. What can I say, I've been slightly obsessed.
2. Our families. I have been very fortunate to find that my mother and sister are two of the best friends I've ever had. We're silly together. We shop together. We can ever share a few margaritas and bitch together. And besides, they're family... they have to put up with me. And not to brag, but I think I may have the best in-laws that the world has ever known. E is hilarious, loquacious, and admirable. Truly a great friend and ally. H is sweet, caring and overall just a good guy. He makes me feel that I am really his daughter. And T, well, its fun having a kid brother.
3. Our fantastically fat Kitten (pictured above in his newly acquired Montgomery Biscuits souvenir helmet). We have had many self-proclaimed 'not cat people' people tell us how awesome he is... and he is. Mr. Sullivan is fluffy, fat and fabulous. He is much more like a dog than any cat I've ever met. He greets me at the door, begs for food and even lets me pet his belly. By far, my favorite thing that he does is nuzzling my arm and falling asleep in my lap. Second to that is his 'flop' (nuzzling my feet and then collapsing to the floor... I can't do the cuteness justice).
4. Our trip to England. I am so excited to share a little piece of Europe with my beau. As long as my vacation days work out, we will be leaving in mid May and have just under a week to see all we can see of London (and because we are dorks... Cardiff). Luke has been to London before, but he was a teenager... so no pubs... so he hasn't really been to London. I've been to Italy and Greece. But it will be nice to go a country that speaks our native language, sort of.
5. Our friends. We certainly don't see our friends nearly as often as we would like, but they are a source of joy in my life none the less. We were blessed to have some concurrent vacation time and were able to go to Montgomery for the Biscuits opener. Although it makes me very sad to think of all the fun we miss out on while being in Birmingham, the time that we do have is amazing. When we returned home today we met up with Cassie and Jacob for a rainy day cookout which was filling to say the least.
7. Cleaning. I love bathing in a clean shower and crawling into a made bed.
8. The sound the Kirby makes through the WiiMote when I select him as my character for serious ass kickin' on SSBB.
9. Reading blogs. It's like non-creepy voyeurism.
10. A good book. Come to think of it... I go back to work on Tuesday... I'm going to be in need of a good distraction... any suggestions?
In conclusion I would like to apologize for my previous pity party. I have so much joy in my life sometimes it is too easy to pin-point the things that aren't perfect and forget about all the blessings. I have so many things to be thankful for and one of them, dear reader, is you!